Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A great compliment.

I have flown the Nomad 5 at several contests this year. It is the best looking of the series that I've designed and built. At two contests, one in El Dorado, Ar and in Canton, Ga spectators have told me they like the looks of the plane while it's flying. This past weekend at Zachary, La contest one of the better flyers and builders asked me if I had construction plans for the Nomad he wants to build it. I brought what I drew up during the building of the planes and let him borrow them to build his own. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.
  I sent the paperwork for a contest sanction in and I'm waiting for an answer. March 30 - 31 next year at South Park 5 miles from home. I think it is the best spot for a contest as 8 hotels are within 2 miles of the field and lots of eateries right off the highway. No back roads to travel.
 We flew off the former practice circle at the Zachary contest this year. It worked out very well for all concerned. The winds died down right after the contest ended. We had some really good flyers in attendance.

No comments: