Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Moving along slowly and too fast.



As it turned out the new wing kit for the Pathfinder cost me $4.71 plus the $50.00 gift certificate from the kit maker. Last night there was a note that Brodak had given me a $5.00 credit on the wing kit so it is even cheaper.
  I set up the wing jig like I always do and built the replacement wing. When I got to installing the controls the leadouts seemed short. That didn't cause any concern. After completing the wing and installing it in the fuselage I measured to find the center and then things didn't ad up. I should have half of 27.5 inches on both sides. It really is 30 inches on both sides. OOPSIE. I set the jig for 2.75 inch rib spacing instead of 2.5 inches. Still scratching my head on that one. There shouldn't be any problem as the wing will weigh the same just be 50 square inches bigger.
  The new plane with the foam wing and the Jamison are ready to fly. I removed the engine from the Super Chief and put it in the Jamison yesterday. The other is still engineless. The Jamison is light at 36 ounces. the other one will be around low 60 ounces. I'll use the engine from the Nomad 4.
 I'm going to change the wing tips on 4 of the Nomads as an expert designer says the tips should be longer at the rear and not the front like I did it. Luckily the Pathfinder has tips I can copy as I have a new set of plans and the old set too.
  I should find out when I can schedule the contest at the park soon. It looks like late March of early April. Holidays, egg hunts, carnival and another contest in early May are messing things up.

1 comment:

Qu'que chose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.