Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Our lucky day.

The other day I noticed the low tire pressure warning light on. We had got the light on other occasions also so I turned around and put air in the tire. As we headed out this morning the light was on again so I headed back to put air in it. I checked the pressure and it was a lot lower than the other day so I figured there was More to it. I took the tire off and found a nail head sticking out. A trip to the tire shop was in order. I looked at the inside tire wall and found two 6 inch cuts with de-lamination's. At first I thought it was cut but who would cut the inside of the tire and not the easier outside. At closer inspection I found dry rot that had separated and de-laminated in two places. So I brought it to the shop and had a new tire put on then I put that tire back on the car and drove it to the shop for three more new tires. We found the slip for the old tires we bought soon after moving here in 2016 and had 100,000 miles on the car. The tires lasted for 53,000 miles and had enough tread to hit 60,000. Too bad the side walls were crap. I didn't check the other tire's sidewalls. If it wasn't for the nail we wouldn't have made it to Tulsa.

No comments: