Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Legacy 40 again.

I had installed the Stalker .51 in the plane. It replaced the O.S. .46LA. I also lengthened the stabilizer 3 inches before installing the Stalker. It flew very well with that combination. I removed the Stalker and installed it in the new Pathfinder I bought with the gift certificate from the Canton, Ga contest. So I re installed the O.S. .46LA in the Legacy 40. This morning I flew the Jamison and the Legacy 40. I use the Jamison for the Old Time Stunt event. It took 2 short flights to get the engine set right for the Legacy and to get the controls adjusted the way I think they should be. I got in two full tank flights and the Legacy flew very well. I'm not competing with it any time soon so it's a practice plane for now. One of the grounds keepers has been telling me that he will give me some fuel he has. That is going on for close to a year now. Today he came through with a gallon of Traxxas car fuel. I tried to find the nitro percentage but came up empty. I did find that it's made in 10, 20 and 33% nitro. The oil is 11 or 12% which is dangerously low for my use. I can ad more when I use it in my next batch. I got permission from the parks board to hold the contest on April 4 and 5 next year. That is about 3 weeks from the contest in Tucson, Az. I can only hope for the weather. I checked on the weather at Catoosa, Ok and on Friday the winds are forecast to be in the 20 mph range. Hopefully on Sat. and Sun. they will be lower.

No comments: