Thursday, October 3, 2019

On Tulsa time.

We left early on Friday morning to beat the traffic on the bridge. The WAZE got us to The hotel without any detours like the last time. The contest on Saturday was a bit windy but my electric Nomad handled it well and got me a first place trophy. The Jamison flew quite well and would have got me a podium finish except I was doing the horizontal eights wrong. I've been doing them wrong in the last few contests but the judges didn't notice. I practiced them when I got home. On Sunday I flew the new Pathfinder and it and me didn't handle the wind so I only did one flight. I should have used the Nomad. After the contest we had time for a side trip to the Will Rogers museum along old route 66. We left early on Monday morning to beat the traffic as our route South was on the other side of Tulsa. Again the WAZE got us there. We stopped at a McDonalds that wasn't open. The next one wasn't open either even though it was many minutes past opening time. We finally got one around 0900 in Paris, Tx. After getting to US 190 in Oppolusis it was clear sailing until we hit La 415 when I spotted the low tire pressure light on. I kept going and at home I checked the pressure and it was 24 psi so I added air and planned a visit to the tire store. I found a nail head in the tread and the tire store fixed it. All in all it was a good trip. I added nose weight to the Mandarin and it's flying well now. I increased the elevator throw and it makes a competitive turn. I made up some lines a foot longer and will try them tomorrow. It's a bit fast on 61 footers. Most of my other planes are on 62 foot lines anyway.

1 comment:

Qu'que chose said...

I like both of these photos! Looking good in the great blue yonder!