Monday, October 28, 2019

Zachary contest.

I flew the Mule and the engine is using a lot of fuel. More than when it was on the other planes. I have the largest tank that will fit and it should be more than enough. There may be a leak someplace. The contest here was good. The weather was light winds but clear skies and the wind was blowing right at the sun. This is the first contest I have attended that had light winds. I competed in profile and warbird on Saturday. I signed up for Old Time Stunt also but I was judging another event and scratched out of it. I got first place in warbird and second in profile against two of the top fliers in the district. I could have been first but two maneuvers weren't up to snuff. On Sunday I flew the Legacy and it wasn't up to the task. The judges told me I did a lot better with the profile electric Nomad 6 I flew in profile on Saturday and should have used it instead of the Legacy. I built the Nomad using the Legacy wing but the Evo .60 wasn't turned up enough. The big for me is the raffle. I generally clean up but this time I didn't get much of anything. I put what I did get in a box to be put in the raffle at my contest in April. I'm getting ready for the El Dorado contest and probably only bring one plane, the electric Nomad 6. Maybe the Nomad 5 as a backup. That being the best flying plane I have right now. After that I can get back to playing with the other Pathfinder trying to get the engine to last on what fuel I can put in the tank. I have been having some noise from the Nomad 6 and today I found out what it was. The first flight got off the ground and the prop came off. I found the pieces and the adapter had bent and was unusable. I had the electric Pathfinder so I used it's prop adapter. It's a lot quieter with the prop tight. I ordered 3 more from Brodak when I got home and 2 12 x 6 propellers as I only have the one on the plane. I've been having trouble with the pickup shifting. I figured that I wasn't pushing the pedal to the floor causing a bit of drag on the clutch. I added a 1/4 inch spacer on top of the 3/4 inch spacer on the pedal and moved the seat closer. I changed as much of the fluid in the clutch master cylinder as I could.

No comments: