Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Another first.

I finally got the mule engine running right. It looks like the fuel I've been using isn't the right fuel for this engine. Too much castor oil. I got a gallon of synthetic oil and mixed the right fuel and it I ran several tanks through it to clean the castor out. I flew it this morning and it ran fine. I took the advise of the judges in the Zachary contest and brought one plane to fly at El Dorado, the electric Nomad. On Saturday I placed first in the profile event and got the Pilot's Choice award for profile planes. It really does fly well. Last year I got the profile Pilot's Choice award with the slightly smaller original Nomad. The fifth one in the series, the elctric is number 6. On Sunday I managed my first 600+ point flight score. The winds were down and 4 others got more points than I did. I didn't finish last though. As a club the Bi-Liners got 3 first place wins, two Pilot's Choice awards, Steve got the other one and we got most of the raffle goodies. That's the last contest of the season around here. The next one is in Feb. in Dallas. Then mine here in Denham Springs in early April.

No comments: