Saturday, November 23, 2019

Changes to the changes.

The Pathfinder flys very well. The Evo .52 engine is unreliable. I have tried many things to get it to run steady but to no avail. I installed a metal tank which helped a lot but it still has a hesitation when I give it a hard down control. The Fox .35 is famous for this condition. Someone found a fix for the "Fox burp". He put a piece of popsicle stick in one of the bypass chambers in the engine and it cured the burp. I did the same thing to the Evo engine today. Next time out will tell if it works or not. I flew the Nomad 4 today also. The engine on it seems to run well but it needs a lot more control. I swapped the plastic propeller for a wood one. That should improve the control. That engine may be a replacement for the Evo too. Both are converted r/c engines.

No comments: