Saturday, December 21, 2019

Progress on the Legacy.

I have the flight time just about right. I got in two full flights and the flight time was 5 min and a few seconds. About 30 seconds short of what I need. Next time out should be right, about 5 min. and 30 seconds per flight. I plan on painting the nose over like I did on the Nomad 2 when I converted it to electric.It's raining and is forecast to keep raining all weekend. I emptied the fuel jug into the gallon container which filled it up. I had a gallon of synthetic oil handy so I mixed up 5 more gallons using synthetic oil instead of castor. Depending on how many flights I get with the electric planes I may be done with the castor fuel in a few weeks. The Pathfinder that has the new wing hasn't been flying like it used to. I bored a hole in the nose and glued a mini ball in it. The mini ball weighs 1.1 ounces and is used in civil war rifles. It measures .570 diameter and is soft lead so there is a lot of damage when it hits.

No comments: