Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Batteries and other things.

I've been having problems with my batteries not lasting long enough to complete the pattern. After many attempts at fixing the problem I asked for help on the forum. It seems my way of charging the batteries is causing the problem. i have been charging them right after the days flying session and topping them off before the next session. I found that that's the wrong way to go about it. Only charge them right before the flying session. I also learned that the charger has a lot of other functions. Like charging each cell evenly up to the limit. The directions don't say to do this only how to make the charger do it. I haven't found anything in the directions that say how to charge anything just how the charger works. Anyway learning has taken place. I got the conversion cylinder for the revolver and then couldn't find bullets for it. I ordered a box from the same place I got the cylinder and another shipping charge. The cylinder fit like a charm and the bullets fit also. I did find out that using anti-sieze on things would have prevented the cylinder pin from sticking. I'm finishing up the plane kit I got. I am using an engine at the top of the recommended size chart and not electric so I had to fuel proof the fuselage and use dope paint instead of the Rustoleum I have been using. This engine the Evolution .52 is the same size an the Evolution .60 but the plane won't be heavy so I don't think I will need the bigger engine. I had to order some striping tape that will go around corners for the trim paint. At the auto parts store it's over twenty dollars a roll. I found six rolls on Amazon for less than twenty dollars. They came in yesterday and I masked the plane and sprayed the trim on the fuselage and wing. Probably tomorrow I'll turn on the dehumidifier and try to get the clear coats on the fuselage. It's very important to paint in very low humidity. Yesterday we went to the Birdman Cafe for a snack. Take out only but there are tables on the patio. The river is still over flood stage. We couldn't get within a mile. Today I'm going to bring all the contest stuff, tables, pins, banner and scoreboard back to the Zachary field. I think the ground had dried out enough.

No comments: