Saturday, October 10, 2020

The little red Plane.

The paint had a few days to cure and the hurricane wasn't bothering much here so I took the plane to the field. I used the standard needle valve set up the engine came with and it works but not that well. I used 57 foot lines eye to eye. It's what I had ready to use. A 9 x 4 BY&O prop. I was pleasantly surprised when the plane got off the ground and held steady in level flight. It has a very good turn. I got in two flights and figured that I needed to install a normal needle valve assembly. I had a couple O S valves and put one in the engine. I ran it to get the setting close for the next time out. I also shortened the lines two feet. The graphics are by CFC Graphics and are over 6 years old and still usable. He uses good materials.

No comments: