Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Good intensions anyway.

The contest in El Dorado went well. I got a second in Old Time and a third in Profile. I did poorly in the raffle. I had a chance to fly the Nomad with new trim on the wings. After the first flight the paint was peeling off in large pieces. Once home it was easy to remove the rest. I think I used dope and not Rustoleum on the Monokote. I masked the wing agin and sprayed some Dupli-Color red and Rustoleum yellow. I have others to test before flying the Nomad again. I changed lines on the Cardinal from ones from the Ukraine to .015 7 strand. That needs testing soon and I checked the thrust on the new Legacy and found a bit of up thrust. I shimmed that to a bit of down thrust and that needs testing as well. I would like to use it for P.A. on Sunday at contests as a profile doesn't cut it. My HRB batteries are not giving me good service. About 20% are still flying the full pattern. The others will only do a 4 minute flight before crapping out. So I found some 5 cell Turnigy batteries and ordered 4.

No comments: