Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Some repairs and a clear coat.

I took the small red plane tomy sons and gotin a flight. The engine went crazy right after lift off as it has been doing. It's still flyable so I did a half loop to inverted. Except I clipped a branch and the fuselage broke just behind the flaps. It was a reasonably clean breaak so I saved it. I fit the pieces together and put some super glue on then scabbed some 1/64 ply over the breaks. I installed the Os FP .20 and a new tank and the right size venturi. It had a .282 in it. Then I swapped the metal back plate to my LA .25 and the plastic back plate with needle valve assembly to the .20. I flew it this morning and it ran very well and flew very well also. On Monday I got the Spray Max 2K clear coat. The next day was dry and warm so I hosed 3 coats on the Legacy 40. I also did a quick clear coat on my Dodge headlights. I just found out that I should wait 7 days before sanding and buffing and I should use 2000 grit paper.

No comments: