Friday, January 29, 2021

Re thinking completed.

After not being able to get two engines to run properly on the Little Red Plane, two Flite Streaks and the latest crash, I salvaged the hardware and designed another plane. It's a bit larger with a better airfoil and a full fuselage instead of a profile fuselage. I'm counting on vibration being the cause of the bad engine runs. The full fuselage is more solid and stiff. I ended up sheeting the wing with 1/32 balsa and covering it with polyspan. Sanding open bays is very challanging. I covered the fuselage with paper used by doctors on exam tables as the old standby silkspan is no longer available. It wasn't pretty and I had to do a lot of sanding and filling. Anyway I got the plane almost ready for paint before final assembly. I'm hoping that will reduce banging the assembled plane on tables and lights during the paint process. Plus I'm finding things to do that should be done before final assembly.

No comments: