Monday, March 8, 2021

Another Old Time Stunt Plane.

This one was given to me and the wing was built and covered. I had to get some plans in order to build the fuselage. The weather has been dry lately so I got the spray gun out and gave it a base coat of white. Then I found some left over paint from the El Camino and it proved to be compatible with dope paint. I used that for the red trim. I got it assembled this morning after spraying the clear. Total weight is 48.6 ounces with a 600 square wing area so things should be good. I had to use a 2 ounce heavy hub and the stock muffler to get the balance right. That is 5 ounces extra. Plus 1.5 ounces of tip weight. Back when it was first designed the engines were a lot heavier and didn't need extra weight.

1 comment:

Qu'que chose said...

Fantastic! I love the El Camino paint.