Monday, May 10, 2021

Spare engines.

The engine I used for the Legacy 40 came out of the Ringmaster Excel. I have a spare engine even larger from the P40-Q that is getting re finished. Since the .52 I put in the Legacy and the .60 I took off the P40 are made from the same crankcase/block by the same manufacturer I figured I would put the larger engine in the Ringmaster. The engine is a bolt in swap but I'm using the tank in the Legacy so I had to produce a suitable fuel tank for the Ringmaster. That took several hours as there isn't much room in the tank compartment. It's finally ready for a test flight. Except it's been raining most of the day so far and the forecast isn't good for two more days. The next contest is in Dallas in early June. I plan to use the Jamison in the Old Time Stunt event and the Classic Stunt event. I've never did the new pattern of maneuvers with it just the Old Time pattern so I need to try that along wiht trim flights on the others.

No comments: