Monday, May 17, 2021

Together again.

I flew the Legacy with the .52 engine. The conbo didn't work as I hoped. The fasteners I used to hold the engine inplace would stay tight and the added movement screwed things up. I put the engine back into the Ringmaster and the screws came loose in that plane. A dab of thread locker fixed that problem. I may not be able to remove the engine as I use "T" nuts that are not accessable and they like to rotate if used in the wrong way. I'm testing other planes to figure out which ones to take to the Dallas contest. The newest one is coming along well. My fuel supply is running low and I tried to find a gallon of Klotz Original synthetic oil and could only find quarts at Summit Racing. I ordered four and plan to mix the next batch 50/50 with castor oil to stretch the oil. It's a favorite mix for this kind of flying. I saw a battery at the El Dorado contest and found it and ordered 3. I charged them today and may fly them tomorrow if the weather holds out. They are 5 cell 3000 mAh and weigh less than a 4 cell 3300 mAh battery. Plentyof power in the plane at the contest and they were barely warm after a flight.

No comments: