Saturday, May 8, 2021

The old is new again.

I built the Legacy 40 from plans enlarged from a magazine in the early part of 2014. I didn't know it but the plans gave the plane a too long nose. It didn't fly that well but I kept it anyway. After several years I found out about the nose and shortened it. It flew much better so I re painted it which came out better than my previous attempts. I got a kit of the same plane and started building it. I plan to use a larger engine as the one I have in the first one isn't quite enough. Today I flew the first copy and once home I removed the engine and re fit the larger engine so I can see how it will fly with more power. It took several hours to get the engine to fit and come up with a larger fuel tank. It's finally ready for a test flight.
After many flights with my own design Hound Dog I figured I should build another. I built the first one In 2012 and had many podium finishes with it at contests. I have 4 short trimming flights with it now and it flys quite well. I'm working on calming the turns down as they are too sharp.

No comments: