Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Serious trimmings.

I've been paying more attention to the plane in flight. It's been hard to get it settled down. Today while I had it in the air I felt something in the handle I haden't noticed before. A scraping feel that said the leadouts are rubbing on something. At home I looked inside and spotted one leadout touching a shear web. I installed those to beef up the wing the webs don't come in the kit. It was tough to get the clearance needed for the cable but I managed. I left the nose weights in and will try again in the morning or when the fog lifts. I've had two Flite Streaks for a coupld of years. I built a new fuselage for one using the ARF wing. A new stab/elevator and fin/rudder. I covered it with poly span and painted it. I didn't like the way it flew and had we had the contest this fall I would have put both in the raffle. I took out the re built one and put an OS LA .25 on it. I ran the engine which didn't run well. I noticed that the back plate looked loose so I removed the engine and the plate was loose. There wasn't any gasket left either. I made a new gasket and re installed the back plate with lock tight on the screws. At the field it ran very well and the plane flew quite well too. I found some longer lines for it for the next time out.

No comments: