Sunday, July 31, 2022

Back to the Raffle plane.

I changed mufflers on the second Twister from a stock one to a Fox .35. It's the same as the Last Twister. I'm out of in line fuel filters. I lost the filter screen from a couple filters so I cut some panty hose and installed that in the filter shell. It may be wadding up as the engine is acting strange. I need to make a trip to the hobby shop or call the filter maker and see if I can get some fliter elements. I flew the Raffle plane this morning. It still flys well compared to what it did before I cut down the flaps. I'm thinking it is nose heavy and I removed one ounce of weight from the nose. It's a loose copy of the Veco Squaw but the Wagner plans don't show the balance point of the Squaw so I could have some starting point. Using the placement of the leadouts on the plans I made a change to the nose weight. I changed handles so I can get more line spacing adjustment, actually less spacing. I'll test that next time out. Probably tomorrow morning. It was only 73 and 73 degree dew point when I started out today so I brought two planes and was able to fly them both before the shade left the pits. The hot rod is a little something I bilt in 1997/98. I built it as a street rod, reliable and powerful. A Chevy 502 engine and TH400 transmission. My son has it now and has converted it into a reliable and more powerful Drag and Drive car. Holley fuel injection,special built Gear Star overdrive transmission 3500 stall speed converter to help with the 4:10 rear gears on the highway. A ladder bar rear suspension to replace the weak street rod parallel 4 bar suspension. That original set up bent on the first ever run down the strip. It has a 8 point cage in it also with light weight seats. He's putting it through it's shake down paces to be ready for Noble, Ok in Sept.

No comments: