Monday, September 26, 2022

New venturi test.

I started the engine without any trouble. It sounded about right at 8800 rpm. I launched it and it went into a 2 stroke and flew the plane at a 5.2 seconds per lap. I had put 3.5 ounces of fuel in the tank and did the old time stunt pattern. The engine ran for 41 laps after the last maneuver and that's too much. The next flight I put in 3.25 ounces of fuel and it ran for 37 laps at the end. Next flight I put in 3.0 ounces and got 38 laps extra. Forth flight I put 2.75 ounces in and it ran for 20 laps at the end. The next time out I'll start with a bit over 2.5 ounces in the tank. I have to get it down to a max. of 10 laps extra for contests. I don't need any extra power for this combination but I could install an O.S. spray bar which is .020 smaller in diameter and that would bring my fuel burn up and require more testing to find the right amount for each flight.

No comments: