Monday, October 10, 2022

Getting contest ready.

The local stunt contest is this weekend the 15 and 16. I'vebeen flying the Jamison and got the fuel load down to a bit less than 2 ounces for the old time pattern. I've made a few changes tothe handle to even out the control. The Mo'Best is flying well. I re installed the gap seals using a diferent technique. I also added about a half ounce of tail weight. I was shocked at the quickness of the corners now. It will take all week to get comfy with the new set up. I must have hit the perfect spot for the balance as the plane sits level in the glide when the power shuts off. I plan to use the Jamison for old time stunt and the Mo'Best for the profile, nostalgia 30 and P.A. on Sunday. I boxed up the plastic kits to bring to the contest. Almost free just leave a donation to the club. I also boxed up stuff I had laying around that I won't use and will give that away free for the taking. Then I have 5 models for the raffle. That will open up some space in the shop. The long range weather forecast is for great weather for the contest weekend. I should have an O.S. .65LA engine coming soon. I've heard about this engine but never seen one until I saw an ad for it. I looked at the specs.and it's on the heavy side but should be fun to play with. That is the main reason no one used it for control line planes. R/C doesn't matter.

No comments: