Wednesday, November 9, 2022

El Dorado contest is in the books.

Saturday was a bit cool with a light breeze. I flew in Old Time Stunt and Profile expert class stunt. I got first in Old Time and second in profile. On Sunday more experts showed up bringing the total to 10 in my class. I managed to place 5th which is good for me with that bunch of people. I have been trying toget the ElCamino to idle smoothly ever since I installed the new engine 12 years ago. I finally asked our son about it and he said it was the PCV valve. I plugged the hole in the carb. and the idle smoothed out instantly. I bought a new valve and installed it but it didn't idle as smooth as plugging the hole so I took the PCV out of the system. Now when I start it cold it will keep running without pulling the choke out.

No comments: