Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Found one.

Mice had ruined the headliner in the El Camino several years ago. I tried a few times to find someone who could replace it here in Louisiana but failed. At the contest here I was talking to one of the club memberss and out of the blue he mentioned that his son did upholstery work. The son attended the contest on Saturday and I talked to him and set up something to replace the headliner if I could find one. I called several places and they are all out. I fnally found one at National Parts Group in Florida called and set up a date for the installation. He did a very good job and the cost was the same as the first one. Now I'm trying to find the reason for the rough idle. Vacuum leaks are high on the list. The El Dorado contest is this weekend and I've been beating on the Jamison in preparation. I added a half ounce of nose weight and widened the handle spacing one hole each line, changed the elevator drag strips to 1/8 inch high from 1/16. It does improve the flying charastics some and that's good.

No comments: