Sunday, January 8, 2023

Window of opportunity closes.

I've been flying the Pathfinder and it's going very well. There was a problem with the stock muffler on this engine that I've not had with other engines. Even though there was a lot of exhaust smoke the engine would be quite hot after a flight. I re-bolted the engine securely to the plane and changed to a Fox .35 muffler. Being an ounce or so lighter than the stock muffler I figured there would be a change in how it flys. I was surprised that it flew about the same but the turn was improved a lot. Now if it doesn't break a wing I'll be happy. I got the chance to clear coat the two planes yesterday and got them prepared for painting. I set everything up so there wouldn't be any wasted time after I mixed the two part clear paint. I started to measure the paint and hardener when I found the hardner was a gooey mass in the can. I ordered two cans of spray paint. Maybe next week I'll get the job done.

No comments: