Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Getting ready for El Dorado.

I will bring the old red Pathfinder for profile, the L-17 Navion for Warbird and the electric Privateer for P.A. on Sunday. I finally got all of the planes controls set up right and they all fly a lot better. In 74 years I've been setting them up wrong. The full fuselage planes now have a decal covering the hole in the fuselage that gave me access to the controls. It was worth it for the better flying. The profiles were not as invasive as the controls are all external to begin with. The Navion has an Evolution .60 engine in it and I was using a BY&O propeller. I tried an APC 12 x 5 and the engine really ran better with it so I changed to the APC. I had one on the Ringmaster Excel when I hit the ground inverted. That plane needed another go around on the controls and it's ready for a test flight and should be much better. The Privateer is now using 5 cell 3000 mAh batteries as the 3300's I was using are heavier and I don't have many of them left. I think the lighter batteries are what is helping the plane fly well. I have the full fuselage Twister mostly assembled with the flaps and elevators attached. I used cloth hinges again as they are very free moving and they seal the hinge gaps some. I haved named it "Twisterrific". I hope the weight will be around 48 ounces one it's done and painted. It's strange that the plans say 490 sq in wing area and it's really 470. With the extended wing I built it's now 490.

No comments: