Friday, May 5, 2023

It stopped

The winds have finally died down and flying is good in the morning again. The weather prediction for warmer and humid came true today. Thunderstorms from 0430 to 0800 followed by the increase in humidity. When he's right he's right. The new Twister is coming along. The wing and tail are built and waiting for sanding and covering. The fuselage is half built. I made the top and got the canopy carved out. That will take a lot of sanding. There is no molded plastic canopy for this model and I didn't want to search for a close look-a-like. The electric Legacy I nw cll the Privateer as I made several changes to the fuselage and wing shapes so it no longer looks like the original Legacy. I've been using 5 cell 3300mAh batteries and they are failing. I have 5 cell 3000mAh batteries in the Nomad 6 so I took the timer from that plane and put it on the Privateer. That should put the speed and duration in the ball park. I hope to test it soon. Electric power is more sxpensive than glow fuel power.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Pretty neat, Perry Rose!