Monday, May 29, 2023

Double Triple.

The contest at El Dorado was a success. I was able to place third in Profile, third in Warbird and on Sunday I got third in Precesion Aerobatics. Then in the raffle I won a Brodak .40 engine, a gallon of fuel and a Brodak kit of the Vector plane. I had an ARF or the Vector and it flew well while it lasted. I had been shortening the lines I use on the planes and during the contest one of the much better flyers said I should shorten them even more. I'm down to 60 feet from 63 and the planes look a lot smoother in flight now. I had figured that if the better flyers are usning shorter lines than you are all your maneuvers will look larger, which they are, and get a lower score. Even though both are at 45 degrees of line angle to the ground. I think that helped me. The weather has been dry lately and I got the Twisterrific painted last week and ordered some clear. The paint came in Sunday so I sprayed it while the dryness persisted. Today I got it put together and reday for a test flight. I still have to make a line for the stooge.

No comments: