Thursday, July 6, 2023

The heat is on.

The temp has been the high 90's for over a week. Too hot to fly as I have to stand in the open sunshine. I have put the time ot good use building the raffle won Vector using the raffle won Brodak .40 engine and running that with the reffle won fuel I used to mix 5 gallons of my fuel blend. The plane is ready for paint but the humidity is just too high and I don't want to mess it up any more than it already is. I haven't really got a scheme in mind yet anyway.
I tackled an automobile headlight lens that crazed and was useless. I used some agressive sandpaper,wet, and it barely touched the coatings on the plastic. 320 grit, 400 grit, 1000 grit, 2000 grit, then silver polish, Griot's Garage Complete Compound polish, Colgate Toothpaste and finally a clear coat paint. The picture is of the first one next to the second one that now looks like the first one.

No comments: