Thursday, June 15, 2023

A name at last.

Our daughter has a cat that is a Pixie Bob breed. When I heard that I named the plane. I got the graphics from Frogskin Graphics in Clinton, La. If I need more graphics I will give them a call. The new engine has been running well enough to be put back on the Pixie. I flew it on Nomad 1 several times to break it in a little bit. I bought a used LA.46 for 30 bucks a few months ago. I put it on the Cardinal and flew it. It had a needle valve assembly that looks like it came from an r/c carburator. It worked but not that well. I installed an.v.a. that we usually use and it ran a lot better. Nice and steady with power for an old engine. The kit I won at the El Dorado contest raffle is coming along nicely. It's just about ready for covering. I've been having good luck with silk span covering lately. It takes longer than monokote but lasts longer and looks better when painted. The weather has turned quite warm thispast few days and is forecast to be warm until mid next week. That puts a damper on flying as it's 80 degrees by 0700.

No comments: