Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Number 2, ready for test flights.

The weather has been dry this summer and it continues that way still. I ordered a can of clear spray paint and It came in yesterday in time for me to give the new plane a coat. I let it cure overnight and this morning I installed the engine and fuel system plus I borrowed a tail wheel from one of the raffle planes. I plan on getting a flight on the plane in the morning 10/18 23. The weight came out to 44 ounces, 3 ounces lower than the first plane. I found that the spray paint will keep 5 months in the fridge after activation. The stuff is $25 a can and I don't use it all on the plane for weight reasons. The contest is this weekend and I sold two of the planes so I only have to transport 6 and a box of stuff to the raffle. I may have room for 2 planes to fly. Our friends from Ct were in Dallas for the drag races last weekend and they stopped by for a visit. Their grandson won the Jeg's All Star Race last year and won it again. I got to hold the trophies he got, pretty neat. Too bad the TV show doesn't cover the sportsman races.