Sunday, October 29, 2023

Rebuilding the Jamison and my first tri-fecta.

At the Zachary contest I managed a first, second and third place finish in the events I entered. I flew the Mo' Best in all three. I found that the printed motor mount had broken and the motor was deflecting downward a bit in maneuvers. I glued and screwed it when I got home. I have several flights on it and things are staying together. I figured I should salvage the Jamison wing and build the rest new. I have the parts covered and almost ready to go together. Two more coats of clear on the wing and another on the rest of the parts should do it. I found that the Dr. paper is good for covering wood parts. It's a lot smoother than the silk span I'm using on the wing. And the search is on for a color scheme. Next year I will be the contest director for the Zachary contest. I'm trying to come up with first, second and third place prizes.

No comments: