Monday, November 6, 2023

How did that happen?

We carried 8 model kits and an engine to the El Dorado contest Nov. 4 and 5. I brought the newly fixed motor mount Mo' Best to fly in profile and on again Sunday. The plane was flying better with the fixed motor mount as it should have. I managed a second place finish in profile and 5th out of 7 on Sunday. I did get my highest score ever on sunday and only got beat by Joe by 10 points instead of the usual 20 or more. I was happy about that. One of the batteries didn't charge properly but I had two good ones for Sunday any way. I was hoping to win a kit or two in the raffle but I didn't get anything. The kit, engine and fuel I got in the spring will have to suffice for now. We got home about 6:30 pm. Sunday evening. On monday I took the Mo'Best and the problem battery to the park and it flew the plane like it always had. I guess I still have 3 good batteries. I brought the Vector I built from the kit I won at the spring El Dorado contest. The engine, a Brodak 40, was acting up the last time I flew it. I ran some primes through it to warm it a bit and then tried to start it for a flight. It wouldn't start so I turned it over and tried to start it but it still wouldn't start. As I tried to remove the starter battery the glow plug came out with it. I re installed the plug and tightened it. The engine ran very well for two short flights. The first flight I had hooked the lines up wrong but the second flight was much better.

No comments: