Friday, November 17, 2023

Findings.

I ran the Brodak 40 inverted on the mule fora 5 minute flight. There was no excess fuel/oil residue on the plane. I don't know why. Maybe because I opened the groove in the crand case bushing or the smaller venturi or running at a higher rpm.Today I mounted the engine on the test stand with the original venturi installed. I ran it for a couple minutes and there was no leakage either. The bottom line is that the engine seems to be operating properly but now it has no home. The OS .40 is a better engine for the Vector as it's 2.3 ounces heavier whick is what the Brodak 40 needed for extra nose weight. I weighed the electric system I had on the Mule and compared that to the engines weight. 12 ounces for the electric vs. 9.0 for the motor and 3 for the stock muffler should I use it. Even up you may think but the weights are without battery or fuel. The smallest battery I use is 12 ounces and the most fuel I use is 4 ounces. Electric is better in cold weather.

No comments: