Sunday, January 14, 2024

First flight in the books.

I charged three of the 5 cell batteries and headed for the park. When I hit the start button the motor just twitched back and forth. I tried it a couple of times and figured it may work. In flight I timed a lap for information. I tried a second battery and upped the rpm's. The lap timne was the exact same which is not right. I put it in the truck. I tested the start function several times and it started to act normal. This morning I gave it another test and it was still normal so I headed for the park. It acted normal when I hit the start button and after the delay period the motor ran normally. Lap time was very close to what is needed so things seem to be back to normal. I have two 4 cell batteries that are 3 ounces lighter than the 5 cell and I plan to give them a try. I also made room for the batteries to be pushed aft an inch or so and that should help cornering. My next project is going to be a smaller version of the Twister model that I re engineered into a full fuselage plane. I hop to be able to get the original plans reduced about 10% at the UPS Store when they open on Tuesday. If they can't do it I'll have to go to Office Depot and hit the small copiers. I have a .20 and a.25 size engine doing nothing.

No comments: