Friday, June 28, 2024

Making it work.

I put the used .25 on the first version of the Wild Thing but didn't have the APC propellers so I used wood ones. I went through a coupld needle valves as the one that came with the engine was very tight to turn. I finally settled on an original OS part and trie it with the wood props. I don't think it flew as well as it could and ordered some APC props. I made a metal tank for the plane and put that and one of the APC's on the engine. It ran better but the tank just didn't work well enough so at home I re installed the plastic tank and one of the larger APC props for the next session.I have experiance with the larger prop and it works well on another plane. I also put a sleeve in the venturi to reduce the choke area and that helped a bit. With the morning low temps in the high 70's and the dew point close by I only get two or three flights in before it gets too warm.

No comments: