Saturday, August 24, 2024

Another good one.

I got to the park a bit early as I wanted to get in a few trim flights with the .46 powered PT-19 with longer lines. I made a change to one of the lines to make the plane fly a bit lower but still high enough for what I wanted to accomplish. When we got down to business things were going well until I tried to start the engine for about the 6th flight. The fuel line inside the plastic tank had fallen off and wasn't in the delivering any fuel to the engine. I hd brought a second plane just in case something happened to the primary plane. I got that ready and did a warm up flight just to see how it was behaving. I handed it over to the other person and he got in several flights with a competition proven plane. At home I removed the .46 from the PT-19 and installed the .36 again as it's running much better. I took the fuel tank apart and put the fuel pickup line back on and re installed the tank on the PT-19. Everything is set for the next session.

No comments: