Sunday, September 13, 2026
Second engine mod.
I built this plane several years ago. I built it to have an electric motor but after several batteries failed I figured it would be better off as a glow powered plane. I collled in some maple motor mounts using some of the electric mount and battery box. I made it for the EVO .60. The Super Tiger .51 and Evo .52 and the ASP .52 would fit also. I tried all of these engines and they didn't perform well. That was mainly due to the plane being built for an electric motor and it doesn't vibrate so I didn't make the nose strong enough for a glow engine. Last week I hade had enough and ripped the maple motor mounts out and preped the nose for the alunimum rectangel tube mount. It took a lot of cutting and fitting to get the new mount to fit right and the thrust vectors to be right but I got it. I filled in around the new mount and added a half inch thick cheek piece for extra added vibration absorber. Yesterday adb today I got the colors painted and it's curing before spraying on the 2 part urethane clear.I'm going t swap the Fox 35 muffler for a lighter tongue muffler and that will bring the weight gain to a modest 1.7 ounces.It weighed 55 ounces ready to fly before I started this mod. and it should weight 56.7 after it's finished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment