Friday, October 3, 2008

Rocket man.

A couple of years ago I found a model rocket with all the goodies. I bought some engines for it 2 weeks ago and went to the dog track to shoot it off today. the wind was blowing from the turnpike so I angled the launcher into the wind and up it went. It deployed the chute and landed a couple hundred feet away. I sent it up again and this time it landed on the huge pile of rubble near by. The wind kept the chute open and that kept the rocket from falling down the pile. I climbed up and got the thing and slid back down. Enough of that. The carb change is going well. I went and got a coffee the other day and it ran well. The hot rod needed a tweaking as it was starting hard. I changed some vacuum hoses and that did strange things to the carb. It started up normally today.
This weekend is the Ringmaster fly-a-thon. I should be hearing from others who will come and fly at the dog track. If not I'll fly mine alone and take a picture of the planes for posting.
I got a box of support stuff to send to LA for the contest in 2 weeks. I'll ship that out tomorrow.

No comments: