Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Carb. change.

I've been wanting to try the Edelbrock carb. on the 350 for a while. Last week I took it apart and cleaned it out. A lot of dirt and gunk build up. I bought a hand choke cable at NAPA and put the thing on. It took a while as I had to re route some lines and make some new fittings but it finally was ready to go. It started and I tuned the idle mixture a bit to keep it running while it warmed up. I took it for a short ride and it ran well. The throttle response is much quicker than the Holley but with the hand choke I can control the fast idle better during the warm up period. That's the main reason I wanted to try it. It does require a different starting technique and I have to learn what it wants. So far so good.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

if the holley is stock, i'll bet you need a way-bigger accelerator pump primary nozzle & cam to get it off the line.