Friday, November 28, 2008

Oh shit; update

I tried to install the new calipers on the El Camino but one of the 'banjo bolts' was worn beyond use. I tried to get one from Woods but he didn't have any so I went to NAPA and they had to order them. They were in on time and got installed. I have to bleed the brakes and test the system out. I'm afraid it may be the second rebuilt master cylinder causing the trouble. NAPA has two new ones in stock if that's the case. I went to the dog track this afternoon and got in 2 flights. No more engine runaways but I did have the tank installed 90 degrees off. I cought that before the first flight. The Magician kit I got off ebay is nearing completion. I have it painted and just need to ad a couple clear coats and it's done. Weight now with a Fox .35 and tank sans wheels is 31.5 ounces. Nice and light. Final weight should be close to 34 ounces.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Sounds good. Any new pictures?