Thursday, January 1, 2009

Another year down the toilet

The snow yesterday lasted long enough to keep us home and not getting a free prime rib dinner at my daughter's. We made do with pea soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Any way at breakfast this morning I was reminded of the first flight of the year ritual. I had totally forgotten about it. I had no r/c planes to fly. I remembered an indoor electric I have and took it to the field. It weighs 1/2 ounce. I had to wait in the car until the wind was between gusts and got out and let it go for a 20 foot flight. It covered the rules. I paid my dues and watched as another member got his plane started and took off. The plane flopped all over the sky until it finally did a split S from 50 feet into the big hole across the field. I started filling holes and dings on the Magician 510. I'm leaning on using silk span on it. I'm going to try spray glue to hold it on while I dope it on for good. Smelly stuff.

No comments: