Wednesday, December 31, 2008

8 to 10 inches of global warming.


My balsa order came in yesterday and I dug right into it. I finished the wing today and sheeted the hollowed out fuselage . I drilled motor mount holes and the Enya .35 sits nicely in the nose. I have to put a cheek piece on the side opposite the engine to help with vibration. Then sand the corners round and start the finishing process. I decided to get a Gold medal ringmaster kit from Pat Johnston and Dee Rice. I plan to build it as an ARC and sell it. Pat suggested making it a take apart as no body makes that version. He said lining the wing opening in the fuse. with 1/64 ply that sticks out a bit on each side will hold the wing. Plastic electricians tape wrapped around the joint. I don't think it will work in this case as the exhaust coats the wing and the tape wont stick that good after a few flights. But the same ply lining with a dowel in the wing leading edge butted against the fuse. and maybe a nylon screw at the trailing edge would hold it in place. The stab and rudder sit on top of the fuse and will be easy to make removeable. We will see what happens. It started snowing about 9 this morning and just started to stop at 4 pm. The wind is gusty and blows the snow all over me when I'm using the snowblower. Real misery. When I came home after coffee I turned into the drive and slid onto the lawn.

No comments: