Sunday, December 7, 2008

A different toy.

Uncle Roy stopped by last night and brought a engine powered R/C car. I got to it this morning and loosened the engine with some fuel, decent compression. I checked the glow plug and it worked. I flushed the tank and lines of the residual oil and the thing started first pull. It has a pull cord starter. I think the engine is a .25 and it has a tuned pipe exhaust. I put on new tires that came with it and washed some of the oily dirt off the internals. The radio works fine too. There is a half gallon of 20% nitro fuel with it but I mixed it 1 to 1 with the 5% plane fuel. It's been snowing all day and melting so I can't get the thing outside to try it out. 4 wheel drive too.
Six items ending on ebay around 3:30 today and I have 13 more to put on to end next week. I can almost see the wall of the storage room now. The last item I have is the big box of balsa pieces I've collected in the last 30 years. About 9 pounds of wood.

No comments: