Friday, December 5, 2008

First flight report.

After some reworking to get new wheels to fit right and some engineering to get a needle valve and spray bar to fit the Fox .35 I ran the engine on the picnic table. The new valve seemed to work well. I hemmed and hawed for a couple hours as the wind came and went but then took the plunge and headed for the dog track. The wind was just about perfect for me and I added 60 cc's of fuel and fired it up. It flew quite well but needs a tab to get the wings level. I removed the heavy APC prop and put on a Top flite wood to get the balance closer. I think it's too nose heavy. I only got in one flight but it was encouraging. Moving the stab back 4 inches didn't ruin the way it flys anyway. The .35 only has a "stuffer back plate" but I have the hemi head coming. There was enough power and the engine ran steady.
I found a source of the leak on the El Camino. The oil filter needed tightening a bit. I thought only the master cylinder was leaking but it was two things.

No comments: