Monday, May 11, 2009

Finishing up.

I got in some more flights today and packed up the lines and handle and some other stuff I might need for the contest and sent them to LA. I added a bit more tail weight to the ringmaster and it turned much better.
The trouble with c/l stunt rules is there is only two patterns. Beginner and expert. Expert is separated into groups by the number of points you score at a contest. Advancing from one class to another is optional at best. One person flies advanced locally and will fly in a lower class at the Nats. Another scored higher than the expert class at a local contest and he was in the bottom of the expert pattern classes. Beginner, intermediate,advanced and expert is class line up. I will fly my last beginner class at the round up next week. Then it's off to the expert pattern in intermediate. I have 14 planes to help me learn the maneuvers. I hope I don't need them all. I will need a grass field as crashing on asphalt is expensive. I'll have to look at the Yankee Flyers field.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Perry, I've enjoyed reading your blog. I also fly C/L here in Australia, enjoy 60's cars and used to do a lot of fishing. Since I retired a couple of years ago I don't have spare time for fishing!
Flying a SIG Twister and Akromaster at present.
I'm looking forward to the results of your trip........John