Tuesday, May 5, 2009

New things and old stuff.

I went to Benny's today to get some more silver fishing lures. I looked at their supply of mostly salt water gear and finally found the lures I was after. It looks exactly like a Kastmaster lure but comes 3 to a pack for less than 3 dollars. The name brand is 3 dollars each. I bought 3 three packs.
Back in 2006 I built two planes and designed one for the Fox .45 and the other for a Fox .40. I had some balance problems and swapped engines and that seemed to cure the problem. One plane got taken apart and one I still have. I worked on it today and found it needed 3 ounces of lead in the nose to get it in balance. I remembered the .45 engine and weighed both it and the .40. A 3 ounce difference. I installed the bigger engine and the balance came out right. I took the .40 and put it on a Twister that is waiting for an engine to came from Fox. Fox has some kind of problem with the person that builds the engines. He's sick or something so I have to wait.
The weather yesterday was calm wind and decent temps. The planes flew as steady as they ever have. No turbulance at all. Today really sucks. Rain, wind and low 50's.

No comments: