Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Found it.

I loaded up the mowers and went to the field. We have a lock into a lock at the gate so the club and the transfer station guy can get into the place. Somehow the transfer lock was not hooked into the chain. The club's combination lock was the only one locking the gate and the other was into the club lock doing nothing. I reported that to the town crew who are very close by. I gave them the combination so it can be straightened out.
The transfer station is on a kind of hump of ground and I found a spot steep enough to back up to and get the mowers off with my ramps. The blades scraped the edge of the tail gate but came off. I rode down to the circle and mowed that, late Nov., then mowed the runway. We may have to plant some grass as the winter rye is real coarse and may die being cut short.
I started building the Banshee kit I won at the raffle. I'm going to add 5 or 6 inches to the wing span, a molded leading edge, cap strips, wing mounted landing gear, 3 inch longer fuselage, a new stab/elev, a lot like the clear covered one. The cap strips will enlarge the airfoil by a 1/8" and cause me to open the fuselage cutout. And I'm planning on using a recessed into the fuselage metal tank. That will be less drag than a fat plastic tank. I did that on another plane and there was a noticeable change in how it flew.

No comments: