Friday, October 5, 2012

Fun fly weekend.

After messing up getting free plans at the Wrentham contest I got an e mail about a fun fly at the same place. I should be able to pick up the plans this time. i am bringing 3 planes, the Banshee, the Lightning and Red Molly. I put wheel pants on Red Molly with 2 inch wheels. I don't know how well that will work on their grass but I have larger wheels just in case.
 I've been trying to figure out how big of a square will fit into a 150 foot circle. I have to stake out the circle every 45 degrees as the maneuvers should be within 45 degrees or 90 degrees for figure 8's. I came up with 106 feet but 107 worked better. Google didn't help much. From what I can see I need a better turning plane to get some level flight at those measurements. Even the loops don't look right within 45 degrees.

No comments: