Saturday, October 27, 2012

First full patterns.

The winds have been light all week. I've been able to get in several trim flights with the red and white plane. I've been through a couple different size props trying to get the right speed and line tension. Today I put an APC 11.5 x 4 on and it came alive. I got in 2 full patterns and it flys very well. Steady as a rock in level flight, the only plane I got that is. The controls are in the middle and I've had to lessen the elevator throw instead of increasing it. The engine was loose after the first full pattern and when I got home I took out the too short screws and put in longer ones with lock washers.
  I've been finishing up the yellow and white rebuild of the PT-73 as well. I think it is ready for a test flight maybe tomorrow if the weather holds out.

No comments: